Verberate 2 with the Revolutionary Vivid Hall Algorithm
When it comes to reverb, it’s all about the sound quality. Verberate is an algorithmic reverb plug-in that simulates real acoustical surroundings with exceptional realism. The first Verberate version already raised the bar. Version 2 introduces the Vivid Hall algorithm that adds time variance to avoid the stiffness that plagues convolution based reverbs while preserving the natural high density reverb tails of Verberate 1.
Real acoustical surroundings will have slight variations due to air currents, moving performers or movements in the audience. While these variations may seem subtle, the effect towards the end of the reverb tail is significant, since the sound is reflected a large number of times before the reverb tail fades out. The new Vivid Hall algorithm models these random variations without artifacts like chorus effects or pitch changes, and is therefore capable of simulating reverberation of real halls with a higher degree of realism.
The decay editor that makes it possible to sculpt the reverb tails by setting up frequency dependent reverb times. There is also a powerful output equalizer integrated.
Another new feature is the ability to better simulate mechanical plate reverbs. High frequencies travel faster in metal plates than low frequencies, and this effect is called frequency dispersion. Verberate 2 now has a Dispersion parameter which allows for highly realistic plate reverb simulations when combined with the decay editor to simulate the longer high frequency decay of plate reverbs. A new Swirl parameter makes it possibly to simulate the feedback modulation effect found in many vintage digital reverb units.
The 15 early reflection patterns offered are algorithmic, calculated in real time and applied using convolution. A dense and resonance free late reverb tail follows the early reflections, resulting in extremely convincing room simulations with impressive depth combined with the flexibility algorithmic reverbs are known for.
A large catalog of beautiful factory presets is delivered with Verberate 2 and a clear and to-the-point graphical user interface simplifies the search for a specific reverb quality.
- Highly realistic simulation of real acoustical spaces and mechanical plates
- The new time variant Vivid Hall algorithm goes beyond convolution
- Powerful decay editor allows frequency dependent reverb times
- Versatile integrated output equalizer
Acon Digital Verberate 2 is available for both Windows (PC) and macOS (Macintosh). Both 32 and 64 bit versions are available for Windows and the version for macOS is 64 bit. The plug-in formats VST, VST3, AAX Native / AudioSuite and Audio Units (macOS only) are supported. Acon Digital Verberate 2 supports mono and stereo audio formats. If you need a reverb that works with surround and immersive formats, please see Verberate Immersive 2.
Reverb plug-ins have come a long way over the years, but one that really stands out is Acon Digital’s Verberate 2. What makes it different is its transparent, natural and prodigious sonic quality. Extremely realistic. The tails are clear and pure without any artifacts or degradation. The early reflections are stunning. Definitely a go-to plug-in in everyone of my mixes.
When you solo the reverb tails there is a complexity to the sound that brings to mind both richness and smooth … and natural.
Verberate 2 has been nominated for the NAMM TEC Awards 2020 in the category Signal Processing Software (Effects). Between November 20, 2019 and December 31, 2019, pro audio and music industry professionals, which is defined as those making their primary living in the industry, are invited to vote.
Verberate 1.x Awards
Introduction to Verberate 2
Platforms and Plug-in Formats
- Available as VST or AAX plug-ins on PC (Windows)
- Available as VST, AAX or AU plug-ins on Apple Macintosh (macOS)
- Native 32 bit or 64 bit versions of all plug-ins are available
- Supports sampling rates up to 96 kHz
- Mono and stereo (true stereo processing)
Acon Digital Verberate 2
- Two different late reverb algorithms: The new Vivid Hall and the Legacy Hall from version 1
- Vivid Hall is time variant and resonance free
- Independent early reflections and reverberation tail processors
- True stereo processing
- Realistic early reflections that blend into the mix without unpleasant comb filter effects
- Dense late reverberation tails
- Able to model frequency dispersion in mechanical plate reverbs
- Optional swirl effect models the frequency modulated cloud-like reverb tails of vintage digital reverb units
- Uncluttered user interface
- Graphical visualization of equalizer frequency response and frequency dependent reverberation times
- Preset manager and a large number of factory presets
- Save, load and categorize user presets
PC Version (Windows)
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Intel Core i3 or AMD multi-core processor (Intel Core i5 or faster recommended)
- 1366 x 768 display resolution (1920 x 1080 or higher recommended)
- 1 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- 1 GB free HD space
- A host application that is compatible with (32 bit or 64 bit) VST , VST3 or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
Macintosh Version (macOS)
- macOS / OS X 10.8 or later
- 1 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- 1 GB free HD space
- A host application that is compatible with (64 bit) AU, VST, VST3 or AAX (Pro Tools 11 or higher)
The Sound Designers listed below have created (commercial) preset packs that adds new presets to Verberate 2.
SolidTrax – Vivid Spaces
Vivid Spaces is our reverb expander for the Acon Digital Verberate 2 plug-in. This bank contains 118 reverb presets for piano, guitar, woodwinds, vocals, synths and much more. For your convenience, there is an insert and send version available for every preset.
Synth Presets – Polished Districts
Polished Districts utilizes the new features in Verberate 2 on every preset. This new expansion was designed specifically for Verberate 2 and takes advantage of ALL the new features Verberate 2 offers. We believe that “Polished Districts” takes Verberate 2 to a deeper, studio professional level.