The balance between direct sound and reverberation is essential for the acoustic quality of audio recordings. DeVerberate is a reverb reduction plug-in that can attenuate or boost the reverberation that is already present in recorded material. The novel real-time algorithm works equally well with mono as with stereo recordings and splits the incoming audio into an estimation of the direct sound and the reverberated sound which can then be recombined freely. The improvement process can be monitored visually using the spectral representations of the input and output signal as well as of the estimated reverberation.
- Attenuate reverberation in existing recordings
- Change the perceived distance in a mix by changing the balance between the direct sound and the reverberation
- Improve dialog and location sound
- Forensic specialists can improve speech intelligibility
- Boost the natural reverberation in existing recordings
Acon Digital DeVerberate is available for both Windows (PC) and OS X (Macintosh). Both 32 and 64 bit versions are available, and the plug-in formats VST, AAX and Audio Units (OS X only) are supported.
I just tried DeVerberate on a line and I must say I am VERY impressed.
For the price it is absolutely amazing […], it works remarkably well.
Dr. David Smith from Australian Video Camera Magazine reviews our DeVerberate plug-in.
Mike from Pro Tools Expert takes a tour around the Acon Digital DeVerberate plug-in and likes what he finds, check it out.
Platforms and Plugin Formats
- Available as VST or AAX plug-in on PC (Windows)
- Available as VST, AAX or AU plug-in on Apple Macintosh (OSX)
- Native 32 bit and 64 bit versions are available
- Supports sampling rates up to 96 kHz
Acon Digital DeVerberate
- Separate adjustments of the direct sound and the reverberation levels
- Manual adjustment of the decay time of the original reverberation
- Frequency spectrum representation of the of the following signals:
- Input signal
- Output signal
- Estimated reverberation
- Frequency emphasis filter for the the reduction level
- High and low shelving filters with variable slopes (-3 to -96 dB / octave)
- High and low peak filters with adjustable bandwidth (0.1 to 3.0 octaves)
- Graphical representation of frequency response
- Editing of filter settings through handles in the frequency response curve
PC Version (Windows)
- A Pentium IV or higher
- Minimum 256 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- A host application that is compatible with VST (32 bit or 64 bit) or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
Macintosh Version (OSX)
- 64 bit Intel CPU
- OSX 10.6 or later
- A host application that is compatible with AU, VST or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)